In her trial practice, Tricia has earned an exemplary reputation for her ardent defense of medical professionals, cogent communication skills, and perceptive analysis of expert testimony in complex, catastrophic injury cases. Tricia is Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Tricia's courtroom and client victories in medical malpractice and healthcare related litigation extend across a wide range of medical disciplines. She has obtained defense verdicts for general surgeons, plastic surgeons, vascular surgeons, Emergency Room physicians, OB/Gyns, bariatric surgeons and thoracic surgeons in multiple jury trials throughout Nevada and California, in both state and federal courts.
Tricia defends physicians, surgeons and other healthcare professionals, as well as physician groups and healthcare facilities in California and Nevada. She also defends healthcare professionals before professional licensing boards.
Representative Matters Include:
- Served as lead defense counsel for eight gastroenterologists in multi-party complex litigation in highly publicized Endoscopy center/Hepatitis exposure cases.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a $26 million liability lawsuit brought against an organizer of a recreational activity where a participant became blind and quadriplegic.
- Continued success in elder abuse litigation on behalf of long term care facilities, overcoming such challenges as multiple caregiver issues.
- Successfully defended a major managed health care organization in numerous binding arbitrations against claims of malpractice, wrongful denial of healthcare benefits, and bad faith.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an ER physician and urgent care facility in a civil rights lawsuit brought by the survivor of the blind patient.
- Represented a major Las Vegas hotel in litigation alleging responsibility for injuries resulting from an on site amusement attraction.
- Defended two bariatric surgeons against claims of wrongful death, fraud and intentional torts brought by the disabled heir.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a vascular surgeon facing a medical malpractice claim arising from an anterior/posterior spine surgery resulting in ischemia and limb amputation.
An active and respected member of the legal community, Tricia is Immediate Past President of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and serves as a Trustee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, serves on Counsel For Justice, and is past Chair of the Litigation Section.